Forums » Introduce Yourself

Free Advertising for Published Authors

• February 2, 2015 1:22 PM PST

Here is how to get your free ad on The Market List.

Membership upgrades work on a point-based system.

You need to post an Introduction in the forum - or ask or answer a question in the forum.

When you post your introduction or any other kind of forum post, you'll be given points in an amount that should allow you to then upgrade your membership to "Contributor".

Once your membership is upgraded, you'll be able to create the free ad for your book or books.

Looking forward to seeing everyone's ads!
    • 7 posts
    February 5, 2015 1:44 AM PST

Hi Patricia,

Thank you for your post and your reply to my question. I don't know if I'm missing something here but my membership status is regular member, not contributor, and I can't find anywhere on the site that allows me to advertise my books, nor can I see anyone elses books advertised. Can you please clarify how I/we can advertise my/our book/s.

Kind regards,

Andy

This post was edited by Andy Thompson at February 7, 2015 1:55 AM PST
    • 7 posts
    February 8, 2015 8:43 AM PST

Hi Patricia,

Thank you for the information. I have since spent 1000 points upgrading to 'Contributor', however, my profile hasn't updated to contributor, but the points have been deducted, so I'm not sure what's happened there. I will wait and see if it takes 24 hours or so to update and, failing that, I'll contact you again.

Kind regards,

Andy

• February 8, 2015 8:47 AM PST

Sounds good Andy. Thank you.

I'll wait to hear back from you before I contact the owner for you.

Best wishes,

Patricia

• 7 posts
    February 11, 2015 2:27 AM PST

Hi Patricia,

Re to the above, I've waited ample time for my membership to upgrade but it hasn't. The points are definitly spent for the upgrade though. Plus, there's no obvious access to advertising when I sign in.

Kind regards,

Andy 

• February 12, 2015 8:41 AM PST

Hello Andy,

Apologies for the glitch in the ad setup. On the right side of page you should see the "Featured Title" ads running now - if you click on "Create an Ad" it should take you directly to the ad page.

The best size for title covers are 140 x 210 pixels, or similar. Once created the ad will immediately go into rotation.

Thanks for your patience and hope to direct much traffic and interest to your title/s.

• 7 posts
    February 13, 2015 12:38 AM PST

Good morning Christopher,

Thank you so much for your guidance on the advertising matter, I'm very grateful. I will create an ad for each of my books some time today.

Kind regards,

Andy