Forums » Introduce Yourself

How to promote an e-book??

• 4 posts
    July 19, 2015 6:43 PM PDT

Hello everyone!  I am new to Market List and have been reading through some of the comments.  As an unknown writer with zero advertising budget, it is very challenging to launch an e-book into the marketplace.  I am open to all ideas that have been successful for others.  Reviews posted on amazon have been positive.  Goodreads is another useful resource.  It is impossible to know if my Facebook information has helped promote my novel.  I am sure many of you are in the same boat!  Advice would be most welcome.  Please share!

• 1 posts
    July 23, 2015 4:32 PM PDT

I think you should get on Goodreads and promote a giveaway. You can also trade a free ebook copy of your book to Goodread readers in exchange for an honest review.  Makesure the peolpe you choose have an interest in the type of book you've written. 

Another site worth looking into is Bookdaily  http://www.bookdaily.com/ ; Is the book available in hardcopy as well?

• 4 posts
    July 23, 2015 5:17 PM PDT

Thanks for these suggestions - I will give them a try. 

• 4 posts
    July 24, 2015 2:32 PM PDT

Freshfiction.com is another resource that might be willing to give your book a professional review for free!

• November 19, 2015 7:26 AM PST

I've tried GenrePulse with solid results.

I promote a title during the free 5 day KDP Select period, and the app campaign ( $15 ) usually results in a few hundred downloads. From those downloads, I usually see a spike in sales and Kindle Unlimited reads in other titles. At the moment, I only have three up, so it's difficult to see how broad the results are, but as more go up I should have better intel.

I also plan on testing the new GenrePulse genre specific mailings ( $17 ). That, and the free advertising here on Marketlist are generating a consistent stream of clicks and sales.

• 8 posts
    November 21, 2015 8:51 AM PST

I've used the Bookmarketingtools.com site when my books have been on offer for free. It costs $15 and the free downloads were over a thousand on each occasion followed by spike in the sales and KU. Not a big spike, well more of a pin, really. Of course there is a valid argument that one should not offer one's books for free. But if you are, then this site helps.

Worth checking out on:   http://bookmarketingtools.com/submission-tool-prices

Fran Connor

• 4 posts
    November 22, 2015 11:54 AM PST

Thank you for this useful suggestion.  I do not mind giving my book away as a free download.  It makes me happy simply to know that someone out there is reading it!