Forums » Introduce Yourself

About me

• 4 posts
    January 29, 2017 7:11 AM PST

This is an opportunity to communicate directly and more personally about what I feel and think on a variety of subjects. I can talk about my family, my philosophies about life, and my experiences. Writing is very important to me, but there are other things I do and care about too. And I can talk to you about them here.

I have a boy, who is sixteen. I do fun things with him and am deeply involved in the issues that preoccupy him. Laughter definitely keeps me going when life gets tough. I hope that we can have some chuckles on this website, and share some private moments. And I write my blog, so I can bring you up to date on what I’m doing, seeing, thinking, and feeling.

What I care about most: my child. He is my life. I am a full time, hands-on Mom by day, and wrote at night. The hardest thing that ever happened to me was when my mother died of cancer. She was an extraordinary, wonderful, fantastic mom, and everybody loved her. We still miss her. You don’t stop missing someone you lose, but you learn to live with it. We have all tried to go on and lead good lives. Sometimes the lessons we learn are hard. In my experience, perseverance wins the prize. I’m pretty stubborn about not giving up on most things and people.

It was a time in my life when I had very little money; I held down three jobs. I love fashion and do interior design every chance I get. It is very exciting to plan a home and see it all come together. It’s like a fantasy come to life.

I worked as a teacher, (I taught elementary school in Romania), nursing assistant, and accountant in Nashville, TN. I’m bi-cultural Romanian and American, grew up in Romania, and I am bilingual Romanian/English, and speak a little bit of French. I went to Romanian schools through high school and American colleges. And now I live in Nashville, TN.

I enjoy cooking and baking. I’m not good at relaxing and having nothing to do. I love to keep busy. I’m good at multitasking and get antsy if I have nothing to do. I love projects and keeping super busy and when forced to “relax” I read, or start a new book. I always want to write.

I’m a great believer in making marriage work if you undertake the commitment. There is nothing more pleasant than being in a good relationship that both people work at and nothing worse than being in a bad one.

So that’s me, what I do, and where I’ve been. I look forward to continuing to share my thoughts, activities, new adventures, and ongoing experiences with you.