Forums » Introduce Yourself

Introducing Myself

• 1 posts
    January 12, 2017 1:00 PM PST

Hi Everyone,

I just joined and have a book coming out in a week. I'm very excited and very nervous!

Here's my bio:

Tam May was born in Israel but grew up in America. She earned her college degree in English before returning to the States. She also has a Master's degree in English and worked as an English college instructor and EFL (English as a Foreign Language) teacher before she became a full-time writer. She started writing when she was 14 and writing became her voice. She writes psychological fiction that explores emotional realities informed by past experiences, dreams, feelings, fantasies, nightmares, imagination, and self-analysis.

Her first work, a short story collection titled Gnarled Bones And Other Stories is out in paperback and will be out in ebook on January 19, 2017. She is currently working on a novella series called the Waxwood Series, set in a Northern California resort town. The series explores the crumbling relationships among the wealthy San Francisco Alderdice family. In Book 1, The Order of Actaeon, the Alderdice son and heir falls into the hands of a charismatic older man obsessed with power and leadership during a summer vacation in the resort town of Waxwood. The second book, The Claustrophobic Heart, brings in Gena Flax, a young woman who must cope with the mental deterioration of her aunt during their summer stay at Waxwood. In the last book of the series, Dandelion Children, Daisy, the daughter of the Alderdice family is drawn into the disturbed life of the man who ruined her brother during one rainy summer in Waxwood.

She is also working on another book titled House of Masks about a woman who, mourning the death of her father, breaks free of isolation and loneliness when she is drawn into the lives of her two neighbors, one eccentric and one embittered. For more information, feel free to check out her website at www.tammayauthor.com

She currently lives in Texas but calls San Francisco and the Bay Area home. When she’s not writing, she’s reading classic literature and watching classic films.

Glad to be a part of this site!

Tam

This post was edited by Tam May at January 12, 2017 1:00 PM PST