Forums » Introduce Yourself

Hello world.

• February 18, 2017 11:17 PM PST

Hello to everyone.

I suppose in some ways I am a newbie, but with two novels published under my own publishing imprint, a weekly column in a local publication in Bahrain and a monthly contribution to a regional magazine, I don't feel I am new to writing anymore.

I started my first novel about six years ago, publishing in 2015, the second novel I published last year. I decided to take the indie route after advice from a published author at a writers' gathering I attended. My eBook sales are spectacularly unsuccessful but paperback sales locally and at any event I attend, seem to do relatively well.

As with all forms of merchandise, I know the secret is to stand out and that is where I am falling rather than standing. There are so many books out there now it is hard to be seen amongst the masses. I know my writing is better than the sales suggest, I just need to make it visible in the right places. 

I would like to wish the best of luck to all my fellow writers, as they embark on this incredibly bumpy but rewarding ride.

• 2 posts
    March 2, 2017 8:32 AM PST

Hi, Glen. I guess a lot of us are facing the same or similar struggles: getting noticed, standing out in a virtual sea of competing books. Good luck to you. If you're like me, you've already realized that there's really no choice but to keep plugging away. I live for the days when the work itself seems reward enough.